[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
www.sharmwomen.com • View topic - Second Open Letter to Metro dated Oct 2008
It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:46 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Second Open Letter to Metro dated Oct 2008
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

After the SWC committee meeting we decided to publish again the open letter to Metro. Please sign and add your comments. Registration is this time required, but easy. Just click the register link on top.

Dear Metro Team,
It seems we have reached this time of the year again.....even during Ramadan
(not Karim from Metro) - your services in Sharm el Sheikh have once again
reached a very low point!!!! Today I waited for 20 Minutes for anyone to
serve me at the Meat counter (it was just after 13H and not during praying
time). While standing there I watched as half Cows were rolled with a
shopping cart covered in blood in front of The Meat counter (since they
cannot roll them all the way to their destination). In front of now a
growing group of waiting clients, they were repeatedly dropped (accidently)
on to the floor - basically less then a meter away from our feet. All the
while the remaining half cows in the cart dripped blood all over the floor -
This happened under the close supervision of your manager Mr. Mohamed.
Finally the butcher came. He has an injured finger (nothing new - not the
reason for his delay but because he went to get meat from some other cooling
room) which is bandaged but does not see the need to use the rubber gloves
that are there for all to see. A big box of rubber gloves! Finally he has
time to serve the waiting clients but just starts serving the client that
arrived last. So I speak up since I was there first before any other clients
were there - could he not ask who was first? This of course under continuous
observation from your manager who knew I came first since I asked him where
the butcher was.
Then the "once upon a time frozen chicken" is carted in for our viewing. The
boxes they are in (red) are covered in dirt, the juices are drooling onto
the floor once again. Chicken juices reknown to be - if not treated
carefully - salmonella carriers! To this the manager finally gets his
cleaning man to mop the floor with his already dirty mop. No bucket of water
to rinse the mop - so basically just spreading the juices all over the
floor. I was not the only person witnessing this and I can honestly say that
all were horrified and shaking their heads. An English lady said even quite
loud for all to hear - That's why I never buy any chicken here.
Now, I wrote exactly 1 Year ago on similar grounds and was pleased to see
that Yes - things changed for the better, but it is not my duty as a
consumer to do your work. You are after all supposed to be the leading
supermarket branch but you seem to constantly not follow up on the basics of
Hygiene.
Once again I will refrain from visiting your branch until changes have been
made.
Wishing you all a blessed Feast - that hopefully will bring some changes!
Barbara Eugster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:01 am 

I do fully support all said!
I havent visited Metro since a few months due to this reasons. Standards and service went down again!
Metro-Team, please make it and keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:03 am 

Susanne Geissler, Sharm El Sheikh

Post subject: Differance between branches
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:25 am 

they have now another problem which is differance between branches
the old brnach in Old sharm becomes very dirty and staff thier is very rude , i bought pasta before and when I want home , I found it full of worms while the expiry date still vaild ??? which means wrong way of storing
the same happened with my sister in a bottel milk

in the main time , if you went to Nabq branch , you will find better service , better managment , sometimes all products are available , clean

I don't know why is this happening with a big name Like Metro , after we were hoping and waiting the openning of Metro , no we hoping and waiting for a big name o Hypar Markets

I hope all managments of these super markets can understand that people who is leaving sharm el shiekh is same like cairo , thay can accept or refuse ,
you can't put expiry products in Sharm branch , stop treating us as a village

Waiting for one day that we can find a clean place with good prices

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:09 am 

i have to agree with everything was said above. Since few months i stopped shopping in Metro due to the same reasons. I simply CAN'T buy meat that already has a blue color, i DON"T WANT to buy chicken that smells DEAD MEAT. i WILL NOT buy vegetables like tomato that are prepacked good ones together with bad ones and it's juice is all over the pack. I am NOT GOING to wait for someone appear at the counter for 15-20 min to cut a cheese for me - i will go without cheese.

Life in sharm is not light and easy for those who are working here and we just DON"T HAVE TIME TO WAIST!

I have heard about nabq branch some good comments and desided to check the place - we went with friends specially for shopping in Metro. Guess what - we didn't spent more then 50 LE each mainly because of the same reasons. Products are expired, vegetables prepared in a way that u r forced to buy bad ones with good (which i refuse to do at all) etc.

So i have to admit that Metro lost permanent customers in me and most of my friends.

And there should be great changes done to get us back.

With all respect,
Victoria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:46 pm 
VIP

Ursa Rojnik, Sharm El Sheikh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:50 pm 
VIP

Gabriela Oana Ursache, Sharm El Sheikh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:58 pm 

unfortunatly i have to agree with all of you
Marjo Glerum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:44 pm 

Unfortunately I don't only have to agree to the complains above, I have to add one: Whatever is the change in Piaster you should receive, the cashier keeps it.
Whether you should get .05, .50 or .80 as change, you do not get it unless you complain.
You don't get 5 piaster back or 15, also in other shops - but in all other places they work it out fairly: if something costs .80 they keep the 20 Piaster change, but if something is 1.20, they only let you pay 1 LE. That is how it should be, take some and give some, but in Metro they just take.
The other day I had to pay 50.10. When I gave the guy a 50 LE note, he frowned and asked for 1 Pound more - and when I gave it to him, he just put it in his drawer and closed it - 90 Piaster in his pocket...!! (Or not, because I certainly made a fuss... :-))
And it is not just one guy who does this, it happens to me all the time, with many different cashiers, if not all. I don't know, whether they are all dishonest, or whether the managment asks them for it?
Or am I the only one, to whom this happens????

I started now to ask even for 10 Piaster change, they already hate my guts, I think.... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:02 pm 

I hope head office are reading about customer unhappiness.

I would add that there is never any fresh bread. Bread used to be available all day everyday now perhaps the oven is broken ? Now only occasionally if you are lucky.

The fish display is very sad and small now, with old looking fish.

The floor always looks dirty because there is a real problem with the tiles, obviously they laid the wrong ones because they are broken and discoloured already. the whole shop already needs to be refurbished and laid out differently.

Why hasn't the exit road been finished ? we have to drive over broken bricks to leave the shop.

I use Nabq branch now, amazing difference in friendly helpful staff and clean shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:16 am