It is currently Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:36 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Taking advantage of the Swine Flu scare!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm 

With the onset of winter and the swine flu scare - I am really shocked to see today on SWC that anyone would take advantage of the situation which is emanating. All schools of Sharm el Sheikh are trying to do their best to avoid closures imposed by the Ministry of Education in case of a Swine flu outbreak (multiple cases in various levels is categorized as an outbreak). Clearly if an institution is not registered as an acknowledged teaching institution – a closure can only be imposed with great difficulty. That all children still need to learn and preferably in a safe, healthy & hygienically clean environment goes without saying. That is why most schools are measuring the temperature of all students each morning, sending children home with any minor symptom of flu: runny nose, sore throat, cough, temperature above 37°C… (as required by the Ministry of Education & Health) and continuously reminding children to wash hands, not share drinking bottles, cups… Most schools have even raised the level of cleanliness to ask each child to bring their own soap bar. Schools are disinfecting (not just with detergent but with disinfectants) all door knobs, classrooms, bathrooms on a daily basis. That most schools have also prepared themselves for the eventuality that the schools might get closed – preparing worksheets, assignments to be made and audio CDs to be listened to at home is more than can be asked for and should really be appreciated. Teachers have had to work extremely hard to catch back the time they missed due to the imposed closure in September and now have to prepare and foresee the future possibility. Should one be desperate for finding work in the education sector there would clearly be more diplomatic and accurate ways to advertise ones services. Sharm being a town in full expansion the need for after school activities is great! Having lived in Sharm for more than 18 years I can only say that this kind of advertising is Un-Sharm-ing and in my point of view: outright cowardly!

Post subject: Re: Taking advantage of the Swine Flu scare!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Barbarace,

We would like to emphasize:

1. Neither Sharm Women Club nor SharmPRO are responsible for the contents of the ads of the Sharm Women Club Mailing.

2. Neither SharmWomen.com nor SharmPRO are responsible for the contents of the ads on sharmwomen.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:50 pm 

Dear Site Admin,
Thank you for advising of your stand point. I do hold you in any way liable for the adds you sent out. I am grateful for all your invaluable work.
:-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 pm 

As a mother, I am grateful that the schools have sent out work for my child while he is off school. However, I am unable to help him because I am not qualified to. I find it great that there is someone who is willing to take the risk of accepting these children to teach them and provide them with support.

I don't think they are taking advantage, I think they are risking themselves and giving their time to make sure that the students are learning. I contacted them and I knew that they are not taking advantage to make a big profit, they are taking less than anyone in Sharm so it doesn't seem to be about money,it seems it's about making sure they are learning.