It is currently Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:14 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Have you had a bad experiance with Agents or Owners here?
Poll ended at Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:13 pm
Yes Many 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Only Once 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, I have had only good experiances with Agents 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, I have only had good experiances with Property Owners here 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Never 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Never Used an Agent 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Never bought or rented through an owner 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Post subject: Sharm Estate Agents - Not all Bad!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:13 pm 

There are many trustworthy agents in Sharm just as there are some that can't be trusted but overall the Agents are honest and reliable.

Look for an agent with a website, clear contact details and a proven track record in Sharm - if you are a foreigner look for Agents that speak your language.

[b]Always ask for past client testimonials and recommendations

The benefits of dealing with an Agent as opposed to direct with developers or owners are many:
For Rentals:
An agent is there as your representative should anything go wrong in your apartment, things are usually fixed immediatley by agents, if not within 24hrs

An agent with good local knowledge will find the right apartment, in the right area and at your budget.

A good Rental agent will have leases written in both Arabic and English (this is the law here) with clear and consise terms and conditions, and they should explain every clause to you before you sign anything.

For Sales

A good Agent will have long term relationships with private sellers and developers.
They will offer a wide range of property based on your "wish list" chosen areas and budget.

They will be up to date with Property Laws and Processes.

They will advise the best price to pay for any property.

They will have access to REGISTERED local property Lawyers to ensure your contracts are fully legal and up to date - Good lawyers will check building / resort licenses and advise if there is something wrong before you purchase.
Check contracts, alter contracts to your liking or preference of wording etc

They will liaise with you and your chosen property lawyer every step of the way.

Reputable Agents will not charge BUYERS COMMISSION - Please do not pay this to any agent. Agents recieve their money from the sellers, it is not to be taken from buyers as well. This is wrong and dishonest.

Good agents will offer follow up services such as furnishing advice, rental advice or rental management. They will know of reputable and fair priced Plumbers, Electricians, Painters etc.

There are many good Agents here in Sharm and throughout the Sinai.
If you would like advice on anything further please do contact me.
I have been working in Sharm for a long time and I enjoy helping newcomers to our wonderful city and marvelous lifestyle.
Anything I can do to help, I will do because it is in my interest for Sharm to continue to succeed and delight its visitors and residents alike.

Cass

Post subject: Re: Sharm Estate Agents - Not all Bad!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:25 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for this comprehensive information.
Do you also have a copy or text of the new law for foreigners buying property in Sinai?