It is currently Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:09 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Food in Dahab - Insider Tips
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:41 pm 

Hey Ladies!

My name is Katharina, I live and work in Dahab. Like you in Sharm, me and my friends here are constantly looking for a change when we want to eat out. There are quite some special places in Dahab, you just need to know them.

For example the indian Restaurant "Nirvana" at the lighthouse - original indian food and very popular among the locals.

Or Francesca's italian place "El Dorado Lodge" past the Lighthouse in El Garden. She makes homemade pasta and the most delicious desserts!

Very popular also is the Chicken Shop "King Chicken" in Mashraba Street - half a chicken with soup and dips and rice and veggies and salad for only 17LE! Top of the local's list as well.

In Tota Dance Bar (the ship) you get fab Fish'n Chips with real Tartar Sauce. Very tasty! Every Sunday it's 'Buy 1 Meal Get 1 Free' in Tota - gets quite busy as lots of people enjoy that offer while watching movies on the big cinema screen in the beergarden.

I also love the seafood in "Ali Baba" right in the bay by the water. Best quality seafood and fab service.

Sometimes we go to the chinese Restaurant just before the bridge. Makes a change on the tongue!

The german Bakery is really german with wholemeal bread, proper croissants and they have Bretzel too!

.....just some inspiration for our Sharm neighbors. Maybe you like a night out in Dahab with a lovely Dinner by the sea and end up cosy and comfy in front of Tota's big cinema screen. I'm running that place and can honestly say the food is yummy! But I'm happy to recommend other places as well to show you how much variety there is in Dahab!

Always worth a visit :)