It is currently Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:31 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Would love to hear your romantic stories
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:04 pm 

Hi
Im doing some research on holiday romances and possible marriages. I am particularly interested in people from all over the world who have met, fell in love with or married an egyptian (man or Woman)
Confidentiality is assured. I dont need to know your real names or addresses, but I would love to hear your stories. Did your dream come true? Or did it go badly wrong? Whichever way I would like to hear it.
So if you want to prove a positive point or you just want to pour your heart out be sure I will reply to you all.
I am an English woman from the Uk and I look forward to hearing from you. Please email me and I will get back to you. Thank you for your time!! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Would love to hear your romantic stories
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:11 pm 

You should call your book "Habibiti when you smile at me in the street it's true love" (but his teeth are brown not white)

The last chapter in the book could be how she get's on the plane or plans her escape route

Throw in plenty of mental abuse, sleeping around and controlling behavior and there you have an Egyptian relationship in a nutshell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:25 pm 

HI Smiler

Thank you for your response, however, its not quite the answer I was hoping for.

I am looking for true life stories, good and bad.

If you have a story, I would be happy to read it. Thank you :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:13 am 

:?: Hi Donna, sorry to go off track a bit, but who is this 'Smiler' who always seems to look at the downside of most subjects on the forum ? Perhaps a 'let down', disgruntled 'been ripped off' guy, who lost his 'rose tinted glasses' a long time ago.
I'm sure there are many very happy relationships in Sharm, as there are everywhere else in the world, its just that Sharm is a small place and the 'grapevine' seems to work overtime here.
Hope you get plenty of responses.
ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:04 am 

May be he only gets to hear the bad stories, because those of us who have good relationships, tend to just get on with it and not broadcast everything.

My Story:

I came to sharm 7 years ago on holiday with 2 friends, after just getting out of a mentally abusive relationship, I was over weight and feeling like shit really and came here for a girly holiday and friends wanted to cheer me up.
I first met ***** on a glass bottom boat trip and we were just polite, guide and customer relationship.
I then saw him around the hotel now and again, I actually had my eye on someone else lol, one night I was meant to go on a star gazing trip but I felt unwell so my friends went without me, I went for a strole for some air and we saw each other and got talking, he then offered to take me on a sunrise quad trip as I had missed the star gazing trip, not alone I was with a group of Italians, however, one guy fell off after around 10 minutes of the trip and the Italians decided to cancel, he was not seriously hurt, more a bruised ego than anything else.
We still continued the trip and it was purely platonic, nothing happened, just talking and driving.
Ont the bus trip back to my hotel he just kept staring at me, which made me quite uncomfortable as I am quite self concious, I was just looking out the window trying to see the sunrise, he asked me what I was looking at as I refused to look at him, too shy! I said the sunrise. ok ok he said, we exchanged numbers and said we would keep in touch as I was leaving that same day. When they dropped me off at the hotel it was really early and my room mate was asleep so I sat on the balcony trying to get some sleep, then I got a text message saying "look at the sun now" and there was the sunrise right in front of me, was very touching.
After that we exchanged calls texts, I visited sharm on holiday numerous times, and just under a year later I came to live here.
It was a good decision, as we are still here, still together and now have 2 children together, my parents and family like him very much, and my dad even passed away in this country, which is sad but he loved it here.

I hope this is what you meant, its not so romantic but its not a horror story to!
Of course we have our moments of arguing and misunderstandings, but sorry who doesn't.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:27 pm 

:lol: Hi Maz
Smiler is a guy from England who is coming to live in Sharm in January

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:30 pm 

:lol: Hi Ninky
Thank you so much for your reply and your lovely story........it is a little bit romantic.......the bit about the sunrise, ahh.
Very happy your relationship is a success and congratulations on the births of your two boys.
Thanks again..............I hope I get more replies than this though, thought I would be inundated :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:00 am 

I have 2 beautiful girls

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:26 pm 

Ninky

Im so sorry, congratulations on your two beautiful girls, dont know what i was thinking, lol
Take Care :D