[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
www.sharmwomen.com • View topic - Sharmars
It is currently Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:20 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:08 pm 
VIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:35 pm 
VIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:09 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:13 am 
VIP

Post subject: Dear all,
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:19 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:00 am 
VIP

Of course these are jobs with lower education if any needed!!!

May be in Sharm the community is mixing and the high educated person is beside the worker, but I found it strange to say all foreigners have no education and the Egyptians are higher educated.

I think the impression that all foreigners have no education is wrong as many divers for example do come from a completely different background and just change life going into diving. Only recently some people came out of economic reasons, but I think actually many of the people being here some time come of a higher educated background. These are these generalizations just in the opposite direction.

The Egyptian waiter being a lawyer is existent. And in this respect we should discuss the Egyptian school/ university system. It is not comparable to our system in western Europe...
There are great universities in Egypt, but no AUC graduate will work as a waiter!

And also we have a lot of people from upper Egypt who do not know neither to write nor to read. So please no glorification of the Egyptian society.

And to Gabriela, I do not think it is correct to suspect somebody has mean intentions. I believe Francesca knows the country quite well and says a few things out of distance, which is her right and many can learn of. Are we not all exchanging OUR opinions and why not listen to hers?
You can not honestly mean to involve the Secrect service... for what? Come on...
Sorry, but I think your imagination is going a bit far.... paid by somebody?

I can not agree that Egypt is that stable... yes, as long as Mubarak is in power, but I think as he is quite old, many people worry about the Post Mubarak era. And the recent law changes show that there is a lot of worry.

To Francesca: Prostitutes can only exist if there is a demand. And unfortunately in Sharm the demand is growing.... demand on the managers side, tourists and demand on the taxi driver side... And you are right that the term is often misused, any women wearing a short dress or laughing loud is addressed to be a bitch by some part of the Egyptians.

I could go much more into it, but do not have the time now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:46 pm 
VIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:48 pm 
VIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:03 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:08 pm 
VIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:15 pm 
VIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:26 pm 
VIP

I almost forgot but I also need to tell you about a dream I had the other night, because I was dreaming about Gabriela. Yes, our Gabriela here.
In my dream which was one of the last dreams near the morning already, I was dreaming of breakfast, and we were gathered to it, a group of ladies but I recognised only Gabriela. The environment was relaxed, it may have been a pansionate of some kind, or then a SWC morning meeting. In my dream there she was an elderly lady with well groomed waved head, well gray already, and with an elongated face of a German aristocrat. On that particular morning she had a malaise, accompanied by a very melancholic attitude, reminiscent of her childhood filled with numerous servants around her, and endless delicacies. Because her malaise on that morning was that she had no appetite, neither for food but maybe also for life, nothing really tasted any more.
And I was in vain trying to gain her attention and break into her melancholic monologue, to explain to her how a simple fresh bread bought from Metro, of petite bain type, can taste so good, how less can sometimes be more, especially when you spread a bit of Lurpac butter on it, it had to be Lurpac because I had just discovered how convenient it is to always have fresh butter when you buy it in small packages even for home consumption.
So it was, in the short bit of my dream, and then I woke up.

It is to demonstrate not only what a profound effect the SWC forum may have on its readers, in general, but also how I find this person a very intricate, exciting character. Indeed she is hard to place or classify. At first I thought Gabriela must be one of those offsprings of the last aristocratic families left in Europe that still keep up the same lifestyle (filled with servants, i.e., as she somewhere mentioned). While in this thread here she demonstrates strong patriotism and intimate terms with Egyptian secret service... which brough to my mind she might perhaps be Egyptian or then from nearby Arabic countries? Because it is common to less aware people from (often) somewhat totalitarian countries and who also have suffered continuous bad luck in their lives, that they tend to see conspiracies all around them. But then again she mentioned somewhere that marriage with an Egyptian has destroyed her way to presidency of her country... Really, leaves me clueless, where to place this in own ways very distinct character.

What concerns dear Francesca here so my nearest guess is that this person with best intentions and profoundly with the vivacious religions of the East, has assumed a role of self-appointed missionary and is trying to find lost souls whom to rescue and subsequently illuminate (?). In way of helping, a forum where politics is daily discussed I believe (one of thousands or millions in the web), in English, is Egyptsearch.com. And what concerns Russian politics then just out of curiosity I opened a search motor and typed ?Russian politics forum? into it, and got back 2 million sites.

Dear Ursha, to write shortly I am not capable, it is one of the characteristics I most admire when a person can say indeed everything with just a couple of words. And to a SWC meeting I should come also indeed, just at first I was too "new" and unstable in Sharm, then suddenly I was too pregnant, then too "mom", and now I simply do not know what to wear to the next one... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:11 pm 
VIP

Pia you are really something?..Hundred times people told me that they dreamed about me but it is the first time when it is happening to a women? :lol:
I am not German, even if the grandfather of my grandfather was German ? from where my german name ? but I don?t consider myself german even 1 %.
I don?t know why people are so against on heaving servants or driver ? you employe this poor people giving them the chance to work in a nice environment and to have food for their families and you have a clean house, time to relaxe and enjoy your family and friends.
I don?t know from where you took that I am upset on life- I was happy all my life thanks God ? nobody forced me to leave my life and to start a new one here ? and when I am too tired from the everyday challenges here I just tell my husband that ?today I want to be a turist? and he is sending me in a half day trip (not to let my small child too much with the babysitter) or we are going in the evening to a dinner in the desert with show etc and my batteries are back. Also when my son is telling me ?mama? my all world is becaming pink?And I am religeuse, I practice sport every day so my body and mind are ?programmed ? to be happy.
About Francesca this is what I think and people like this , who are trying to manipulate some women with good intentions but sensitive on the idea that ?oh, if I don?t speak about politics, people will think that I am stupide !? are making problems everywhere.
She to educate people ? she doesn?t know that that the communism is history from 18 years ? !? Come on?.
So I am not so old (30) but I am endeed very conservative in my ideas and being very beautiful it wasn?t never necessary to wear sexy clothes to attract someone .Also my husband is very gelouse so my clothes are all the times normal.I don?t have understanding for women who are choosing to practice prostitution,no matter how poor they are, I don?t think that homosexuals should be allowed to marry or to expose themselves in public, I don?t accept even the idea of drugs other then coffe and I will never understand why people are using it and so one.
I hope I answered to your questions?
And I am sorry that I came in your dreams- last thing that you need with a small child is to have a "busy" night.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:44 pm 

Dear Pia,

thank you for your post. Long as Ursha noted but I think it is just a very Feminine way to explain your point of view. (I think the skill to syntetize is a Masculine quality. -I use the capital letter since those qualities are not strictly related to our phisical gendre).

What you said is just so complete. Lucky your children to have a "mom" like you and lucky your husband to have a "partner" like you. (All the Best to you all).

About "illumination"/enlightenment I think a woman with a name like yours is very well aware about what does it mean.

I allow myself to report Giulio Cesare Giacobbe theory on psichologial types: the Child type ("me, me, me, I need from you!"; the Adult type ("me, me, me, I need from myself"); the Parent -Mother/Father- type ("you, you, you, you need from me"); the Buddah/enlightened type ("you, you, you -plural-, you and me are the same Person. Neither you -singular- is better or worste than me, nor me is better or worste than you. There is not singular. There is just a great Plural which includes everything and everyone. We all togheter we are a Single body. If just a cell of this Body suffers, all the Body will suffer. ... The Happiness of everyone will be the Happiness of the Body. The Creator is the Body. It is the non-caused cause and the final-Effect without further effects. "I" am here to work for the Peace and Happiness of everyone, no one left).

-Giulio Cesare Giacobbe translated a very ancient Text, the Yoga Sutra by Pantajali. Yoga is synonimus of Religion and Religion means Union. Yoga, for who does not know, is not a kind of phisycal gymnastic. Is a practice which helps developing spiritual, mental and phisical skills. All of that to help a human being to develop its potential of Perfect/Divine Human Being. I do not go any further. Who is interested knows. Who is not interested doesn't know.-

Just a spot: there is a population in Central America who says "a woman gains a Sould just after getting mother". There is no need to explain to a mother what does it mean the Miracle of Life and the Greatness of The Creator, since she experienced it directly. And you Pia, you experienced all that, which is "tasting what does enlightenment mean".

About the intentions you saw on me, thank you. By the mirroring effect and in honour to Self Awareness, you are a woman with good intentions. (Lucky you and people surrounding you).

(Thank you for making me aware about the sites which could interest me! Nice!).

I think Self Awareness is what everyone has to work on. At a private, local and national (and eventually international) level. The luck who travellers and/or students (...) have, is to know other cultures. By knowing the Other you can know Yourself. (This is about Antropology: by knowing Other's mentality and habits, you can understand better what kind of mentality and habit you and people of your country have. -...-. Very interesting and teachful, following my experience and what I think).

(Enlightenment/Illumination will probably be joined by humans when we all will be able to use the 100% of our brains, up to know -from phisicians- used just at its 15%!). -Dreams of enlightened people are Meaningful-.

"SILENCE WORTH MORE THAN 1'000 WORDS"; "WORD IS MADE OF SILVER. SILENCE IS MADE OF GOLD".

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:38 am 
VIP

Post subject: Dear Ursha,
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:21 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:58 pm 
VIP

Post subject: sorry and fully understanding (trying to do it)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:37 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:04 pm 
VIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:24 am 
VIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:24 pm 
VIP

Oh Pia...hope to see you at the party. I will search for you cause im really interested meeting you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:30 pm 
VIP

As frustration is spreading I opened another topic re this subject

and not to get too far of the original theme sharmers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:33 am 

I don't want to start up a new argument on the same topic but now that I am over the tupperware comment :lol: I am now very pissed off about someones comments about most of the women here in Sharm are dancers divers or prostitutes ???? I think it might be a combination of blogs but I want to say this to who ever started it....

How did you come to Sharm???? or why???? r u married to an egyptian??assuming you are married and have a child which school will you put your child in because some of the women you speak about also have children so what will you do, will you allow your child to attend the sames schools as them??

I do agree however that there are probably more educated egyptians here than foreigners but do think maybe bcz there is more of them??? and does education make you smarter or classier than another??? I don't think so

We are all entitled to our opinions but some should be just left unsaid!

Sincerely,

An educated foreigner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:27 pm 
VIP