It is currently Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:21 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Taxi price from the airport to Naama bay centre
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:19 pm 

I'm coming to Sharm end of July although i have been twice before i have always had transfers from the airport to my hotel, this time we are getting a taxi. I was just wondering if someone could tell me round about what should i be expected to pay as i know the taxi drivers like to try there luck!

Post subject: Re: Taxi price from the airport to Naama bay centre
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:05 am 

Last week I took taxi from airport. Driver asked for 300LE and I said "yalla". At Hadaba I gave him 50LE (regular price) and walked out with my suitcase in hand (always take suitcase first and than pay). He was shouting something about police, running after me but not far (probably he was afraid about his car) but I ignored him. Look, taxi drivers in Sharm is first Egyptian ripoff's you gonna get here, so you must understand and learn how to kick their asses.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:28 pm 

Personally, I would recommend that you agree a price before getting into the taxi. Yes, they are more expensive at the airport then on the street, but with a little patience you should be able to get a reasonable price.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:29 pm 

If you are taking a taxi from the airport to a hotel in the Naama Bay area, I would recommend that you pay 60-70 LE. I hope that helps :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:25 pm 

Thanks for the help.. I will make sure i confirm the price before i get in the taxi, and get my bags before i pay up! I have paid 50LE from a hotel in Naama bay to the Centre (no more than 5 min in taxi) and then also short changed. Time to put a stop to being a soft touch and grow a back bone and stand my ground! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:13 am 

Hi, depending how much luggage (and energy :wink:) you have when you arrive, if you exit the airport on foot, you should be able to negotiate a cheaper price outside the airport with a passing taxi - with luck they'll think you're a regular visitor if you do this and are (hopefully) less likely to try and rip you off. Also try to make sure you have the correct money- of course they won't have any change when you arrive at your destination. You shouldn't pay any more than 50le to Naama bay, even less if you're going to Nabq as it's only a few minutes from the airport.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:39 am 

Lots of luggage as i'm moving to Sharm for 3 months, 60kg between 2 of us... :lol: Will make sure we have correct change, thanks for the advice :D