[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
www.sharmwomen.com • View topic - Warning to all women!
It is currently Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:23 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Warning to all women!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

The following reached us by email.
We would like to warn all women and like to know if you had similar experiences.
Thanks,
SW Admin

Dear members,

I felt it important to inform you all of some recent issues I have been experiencing in Hadaba & to ask if anyone else has had similar issues

About one month ago, during the eveining, I was sitting alone at home, watching the television, when something caught my eye, when I looked towards my living room window I saw a man outside watching me, as soon as he could see I had noticed him he hid but kept trying to look into the window. This went on for about 10 minutes, I was not prepared to open the door & question him as he could easily have forced his way in! About an hour later he reappeared but this time didn't care that I had seen him, he just stood outside my window with his hand down his trousers for some time. Needless to say, I was very shaken by this!
A few nights later someone came in the night while I was sleeping & opened the shutters from outside, they do not open by theirselves. Who ever done this could see which side of the bed I sleep on so the next night came & opened the shutter on the same side, obviously to look in. After this my boyfriend came over & locked the shutters but I could still hear someone walking around outside which I ignored as no one could look in any more.
After two weeks of feeling like a prisoner in my own home & no longer hearing anyone outside, I opened the shutters to one of the bedroom windows, it is a window hidden from the road so no one can see it open unless they come on to the property! This morning I awoke at 6.30 to find a man staring in the window, & again, even though he was aware I had seen him he didn't move, not until I screamed.

I am not new to this country so don't need advise or platitudes, nor do I do anything to provoke this behaviour, I keep to my close circle of friends & spend most of my time with my European boyfriend. I just want to warn others of this because it has left me feeling violated & sick. People are telling me to move but why should I be chased out of my home by these sick animals plus, it does not resolve the problem.

Please, if anyone else has been subject to anything similar, I would like to hear from you.

Post subject: Re: Warning for Women in Sharm
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:36 pm 

In February after I had been in Sharm only 6 weeks I was followed home in mid afternoon by a man determined to speak to me. He saw me go inside my apartment and rang the bell a few moments later. Fortunately I had the chain on the door. His trousers were open and he tried to force the door open with me pushing it back the other way as hard as I could. I dare not let go to reach the phone incase the chain gave way. Finally I managed to get the door shut despite him trying to use his shoulder to force it open to get to me. I ran and phoned the police. They asked if I spoke Arabic and when I said No they put the phone down. In the end I tried 5 times; once the policeman who answered just laughed. None of them were interested. I felt that the police protect their own nationality and think that all western women are "asking for it". I was incidentally wearing a long sleeved kaftan and long trousers at the time so not dressed in a provocative way. Next time this man could attack a child or an older women or even rape or murder someone and yet the police were not interested unless I could find the man and show them!!!! This incident affected me to such an extent that I became severely depressed and unable to go out alone. Even now 4 months later I am both frightened and angry and revolted by what happened. I have decided as a result to return to the UK. Do the police here have any sense of responsibility whatsoever? Men like that should be hunted down with the severest penalties possible and it should be made generally known all over Sharm what these penalties are.

Post subject: Re: Warning to all women!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

received by email as to our publishing in the mailings:

Dear Sharmers,
I just read about that lady who was spied on by a nut case.
You have to tell her to go to the police, because the next step he might rape her. Authorities dont take that easily, and they act. If she is scared to go the police, she should find an egytian she trusts and who is known to the community and who knows officers, and go with him.
I lived in Sharm for 12 year and we had some stories uglier than that but the woman went to the police and the guy got caught.
Her boyfriend should wait for him with a couple of friends and take him to the police.
Dont let this guy ruin ur life.....

Take care

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:04 am 

i'm sure police should be involved in such a case. if that would happen to me i think i would beat the guy to death.. i'm getting mad when i hear such things.. boyfriend of the lady with few friends should make a watch, catch the guy and take him to police.. he will never be able to get back to sharm.. after he will heal all the broken bones.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:51 am 

Listen, please go to the police office and report incidents.
They will find someone who speaks English for your statement.

If they catch the guy they will throw him out of Sharm and he will not be allowed back.

Similar thing happened to a friend and the police were brutal with the guy.

I also have some pool queues you can borrow!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 am 

hi ... it could happend to any lady - egyption or from other nationalty
police should protect everybody so maybe who was answered your calls cant speak english ... so you should go to the police station by yourself.
what are you waiting for ?
it is not advice, it should be a normal reaction

good luck
Egyption Lady