[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
www.sharmwomen.com • View topic - SAVANNA BEACH
It is currently Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:14 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: SAVANNA BEACH
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:45 pm 

there is Savanna Beach ..they just renovated ..i think 40 le is the price for the entrance..coming from old market you will find it before the hill to Hadaba on the right side ..after Seti sharm hotel .. there is a bar , pool toilets and soon i think also pizzeria..next friday they will have an open day market.Enjoy.

Post subject: Re: SAVANNA BEACH
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:09 pm 
VIP

and you can take your dogs with you as well ! I was there today for the first and the last time - a dog running after my kid ruined all my day, but for the ones who like animals - enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:12 pm 
VIP

I just wonder, I thought that was a public beach. How can a public beach be with entrance fee. This is not only the case with Savanna but also in Naama Bay.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:50 pm 

I don't know , actually i know that the price il 40 Le ..it's even written outside the main entrance..also in naama or el fanar i think they are charging...At Ultima Spiaggia in front of Turquoise Hotel or La terrazzina there is no entrance fee.i don't know any hotel places ..cannot help you more..

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:36 pm 
VIP

It isn't public anymore - they gave me a receipt from Gardenia Plaza hotel - one towel and one drink included in 40 le. They arranged it better, a lot of green, updated the kids area and apparently they will open a kids summer club there - it is nice and well organised, it has pool , a nice bar - just that it was one dog running around without leash and I am not into dogs and my son was terrified because it was bigger than him .But this is the lack of education in Sharm I guess - like there is no place to walk your animal than a small private beach where people come for couple of hours of relax :(
The location is good and they have huge parking area - that's why I never go to Ultima Spiaggia, etc - no place to park.Good if in Naama it is private now - I will go there to see how it is - for a quick play. In Sharks Bay the beach is just 25 le nothing included and the fish and corals ...incredible.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:19 pm 

No offence but you always have something to complain about.
Mish arif, mish mumkin!!!

I dont know anyone who see so much negative as you!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:31 pm 

Yes Ninky, your way is shout up, don't complain and be happy that we can stay in paradise called Sharm, being ripped off by Egyptians. Pls make us a favor and don't stay too long in the sun because your brain is getting beige :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:46 am 
VIP

Ninky are you talking to me or Chris ? Because your post has no sense.We exchange information here about a beach- if you have something personal against one of us you can send a PM.I for one I am very happy in Sharm and in general - just maybe have different standards and expectations in life.If you don't mind that your child screams terrified for 15 minutes it is your problem . And Chris has a point - what kind of public beach is that , charging 40 le ?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:32 am 
VIP

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:36 am 

My opinion, 40 LE is too much for a resident for a day use, don't care about the towel and the small water bottle, which costs 1 LE. Especially for working residents who want to go after work, there is no chance to find something with reasonable price, except Ras Cathy, where you might find yourself after as an MMS on Egyptian mobile phones.

Since when Terrazzina is for free? Anyhow, in my opinion, it's nothing children should see, what's going on there.

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope.In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort.In a world filled with despair,we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:48 pm 
VIP

The small Public beach in Naama Bay is still 10 le - one towel included.It is beside Hilton Fayrouz beach.I went by in the evening and asked, so I have no idea how it is during the day - a lot of staff I guess , even there are very few tourists so few staff as well right now in Sharm.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 pm 

Ladies,

I've posted a comment about beaches in another topic, but will repeat in case some one didnt see it.

If you look for corals and a quiet and decent beach with all necessities and also parking - Reef beach beside grand hotel. 25 LE entrance
Ultima Spiaggia - not the best option (no parking, far away, dirty water, no corals, many Egyptian staff and .. as someone told you will end up with your photo sent by mms :-) 10 LE entrance.

And Savanna - it was a pubic beach before but it wasnt free. 4 years ago i tried it for a couple of times - didnt like it at all - 1. dirty water (as in the same area as Ultima Spiaggia), 2. was no shower/toilet (or maybe i didnt find it :-), 3. no corals/fish and slippy (not pleasant) sand in the water (couldt walk coz of this reason), 4. again - many Egyptian staff and tourists - ended up with my some families asking me if they can take pic of me (felt like being a monkey in the zoo). 5. even 4 years ago for all this I paid 25 LE (public beach!)...
Off course Im sure now they have improved smth but I agree - 40 LE is a bit much for a resident.
And yes - Sharks bay isnt bad! Good value for money... But for someone without a car - really a long way to get there (will spend half of the day for transportation).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:08 pm 

hello all,

yesterday i went to savana club & it was so bad experience ... the water is too dirty ( everything is bad and not clean and does not worth the money at all ..
i heard that reef beach is ok .. will try it ... but i do not know its location ..if someone know it pls let me know ..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 pm 

Maromaro: reef beach is really good! worth money! in my previous post i wrote that its beside Grand Hotel in Hadaba. if you know Shores Aloha - its beside it too, so in fact between Grand Hotel and Shores Aloha hotel (also beside Cleopatra Tsokos). costs 25 LE - all guests are europeans (scandinavians mostly now)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:46 pm 

There is a lovely free reef beach in Hadaba. You have to go down steps to reach it from the cliff edge. It is on the right-hand side of Sadiki cafe but you have to go through a walkway to get to the cliff edge first. No sunloungers, umbrellas or cafes - just a normal beach where you have to lie on your towel - great!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:30 am 

Re Aquarius: be carefully on these public beaches. You will find yourself in Bikini as an MMS on Egyptian telephones or even worse on Facebook or Twitter.... and it doesn't matter if it is Ramadan or not, a lot of staff will hang around to take photos from "Mossas". They will even take off their pants in front of you, I had this experience once with my 3 years old daughter, since this time I'm never visiting these kind of beaches, even they are nice.

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope.In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort.In a world filled with despair,we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."