[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
www.sharmwomen.com • View topic - Public Beach suggestions...
It is currently Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:49 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Public Beach suggestions...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,
I'm woandering about if somebody can suggest a nice public beach, where you can enjoy without getting bothered by the flashy kind of egyptian men. I tried the new public beach close to Seti Sharm already, but it become the same and very dirty as well. Forget about the Public beach in Hadaba (big one with stairs close to Zadiki) there it is even worse. I only want to enjoy relaxing at the beach with my daughter after work, but like this I prefer staying at home. May somebody can suggest me a nice place?

Post subject: residents beach - Maya Maya
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:24 pm 

I heard from friends that MAYA MAYA is very nice, and often mothers with small kids gather there in the afternoons. It is in Sharm El Maya/El Aad Bay, at the end (close to the International Habor Entrance, at the opposite side of the bay than the new public beach you mentioned).
:?: Maybe somebody on this forum has been there and can give more details?! :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:48 am 

I have been twice to MAYA MAYA so far and i can say it's really an alternative!! The venue is huge, clean and the staff is very friendly and attendive. The entrane is free and they provide you even with towels. The music volumen is acceptable and they have great CABANAS!
The restaurant as itself is surprising with some special dishes and the food was ok. The prices i thought are too high, but who knows, maybe SWC will get Membercards in the future:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:22 pm 

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try Maya Maya. I'm surprised only about the free entrance. 8) But I guess they will compensate this with the hight prices in the restaurant, which are already mentioned. Anyway thank you. I saw their huge announcement in Mix Magazine already.

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope.In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort.In a world filled with despair,we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."

Post subject: Maya Maya
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:01 pm 

Dear Ladies,

Maya Maya public beach has been closed for Sharmer's.

Entering is allowed for guests of St. Georges Hotel only.

What a pitty!

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope.In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort.In a world filled with despair,we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."

Post subject: any other public beaches???
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

so... anybody has another idea where to go now??? What about El Fanar Beach? Is it still possible to enter the beach free of charge as a Sharmer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:46 am 

Yes I think it is still possible. The only problem, that it is not that suitable for small children, it is not sandy.

But for all other people it could be an alternative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:55 pm 

Maybe there is a possibility to use the Maya Maya beach if SWC goes to the management of Saint Georges and ask for a membership of SWC !
For the hotel it will be an extra revenue !!!
Saint Georges is under the management of Three Corners a Belgian management company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:11 pm 
VIP

I spent last 2 Sundays on Terrazzina beach and I must say that I enjoyed very much. The best time to go to Terrazzina is in the morning because the beach is empty and it?s so nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:22 pm 

El fanar is no longer free to enter as a sharmer, they have bought back their membership, and i think it is 20 euro for a month, and different prices if you buy for a longer period of time. or you can pay 40L.E for one visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:03 am 

Hi Sarah,

El Fanar will now give free membership to anyone the manger will approve, you fill out the form and hand in a picture.

This gives you free access to the beach (where you now get a towel and free bottle of water) and discount in the restaurant.

Worth a try !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:45 pm 
VIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:08 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:22 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:01 pm 

Hi Nataly,

You're right, there was an offer. I bought the membership about 3 weeks ago, went there a few times already and it's great! It looks very nice, it's spacious, clean, the staff is very friendly etc etc.
The hotel guests of Saint George and Kiroseiz that come here are mainly British and some German.
It's never too crowded, you always find space. Probably as well, because the 2 hotels have another beach for their guests somewhere in Hadaba.

I paid 150LE for a membership that lasts till the end of 2007.
This is the price for the first 50 SWC pax that sign up; the normal price is 250LE.
1 Child under 4 years is free and you can bring one other guest.
Towel is provided and it's open from 9am till 6pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:29 pm 
VIP

What is the system in Terrazina Beach ? How much it costs? Do you have any idea ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:15 pm 
VIP

In Terazzina you can get membership card for 2 persons with payment of 50 le. With this card you have also discount for food and bevarage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:31 pm 
VIP

Thank you Ursha - as always, you are very well inform.But from where to take this card and for what periode of time ?
KISS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:54 am 
VIP

Go there and by the entrance ask for a appliaction for membership card and tell them you are living here... i think its not time limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:06 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:48 pm