It is currently Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:56 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Ladies just need some info
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:11 pm 

Salam 3alukom :D
Greeting all,

Let me introduce myself... My name is Maria, i'm 22 yo and i'm from Russia. I really glad to find SWC - thanx all who made it.
Actually I study at university and graduate this summer. Afterwards I wanna come to SSH and work as GR.
So firstly, ladies what are the best way to find tis position (for example, to send CV hotels' e-mails... or i found site GOODJOB4ME - does anybody know smth about it...?

And one more question. I wanna work legally... So how often hotels care about it? I mean do they solve the point about Work Permit (Work Visa)... i really worry about it... :!:

I will appreciate greatly any answer... :D

Salam

Post subject: Re: Ladies just need some info
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:18 pm 
VIP

Hi..
Well, not easy to answer your questions.
I would say best is to reply to serious job vacancies and get invited.
Plus of course it would be better to be here already.

As to the website, I have no idea, not heard of it. But in general I would say to be very careful. Before sending CVs make sure the person you are dealing with is reliable. Just send to official email addresses, no hotmail, gmail or similar addresses. I found the site you mentioned a bit strange as first some pages do not work and than also one does not really know who is behind it. And what jobs do they have to offer, not really clear for me.

Unfortunately there is a lot of bad business happening, therefore I can only warn you to be careful.

As to the second part Hotels usually issue work permits. Especially as Eastern Europeans will not get the one month tourist visa extended and can only stay with a work permit. Therefore it is important to make sure that this part is in the agreement. But also here promises can be done easily...

I assume it will be difficult under current circumstances, but I wish you good luck.
Please make sure not to reply to emails which look strange. The serious one can be easily differentiated from the non-serious ones. I do not want to frighten you but as I heard a few bad stories I would just like to tell you to be careful. If than everything is easy it is even better. Have you been here before? Do you know anybody here? This way it might be a bit easier. Sharm is still a nice place and I hope all will work out well for you.

May be other ladies with similar experiences can also reply. I am not sure whether somebody knows whether Hotels usually employ directly or through recruiting companies? I know some Hotels search directly also through this site.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:41 pm 

It seems that the girl eiher found job already or had been sold to slavery by now =)))
Anyway, if she is still interested - I know alot about looking for GR position in Sharm by sitting at home (in Ukraine in particular), I was like this once long time ago, and I found job, but only thanks to SWC, not to any other source.
So have quiet an experince in this field, will share with pleasure if interested appear =)))
Good luck to everyone
ANd long may live SWC!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

thanks, InnaSharm. Glad the site helped you with your decision to move here.
Great that you offer help for the ones in similar situation.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:45 pm 

Inna Hello!!!

Thanx for ur answer!! :D (Chris u too)
Actually, I'm still looking for GR position in SSH. And I am really glad that u can share experience in this field.... As far as u could understand i graduate my university in summer and i want to find job till this time...

So I will be deeply appreciate U if u give me some info - i think it could be very useful.... :wink:

So plz share with me here or send me e-mail on Sultana_maria@yahoo.com (also u can write in russian to me :) )

Will be looking foward ur message!!!
Thanx again and in advance!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:22 pm 

If u r not absolutely desperate in this world DO NOT GO TO WORK GUEST RELATION IN SHARM. this work is to stay in rubbish that all hotel do to tourists. minimum 9 hours per day u will listen to complaines, screems and all negative emotions from guests, and they will hate u, CUZ whatever u translate to management - nothing will be done. management that sit in back site and do not care about anything, they have GR for rubbish. whatever 5 star hotel u will work - this will be the same in sharm:
FORGET ABOUT WORKING VISA. only one hotel in sherm doing it - Domina coral bay.
salary that thay pay to "cheap" staff like from Russia, Ukraine and egypt, specialy u do not have experience, will never be more than 300$. ( this is official RUS GR Budget)
FOOD that u will eat in restaurant "for management" u will hate and feel sick all the time, cuz they put there Brom - this is chemikal material to stop men being horney wich have absolutely negative effect for ur health and braine. ( u will feel this from being sleepy and depressed 24 hours per day 7 days per week).

ROOM where u will live will be worst in the hotel (if u r lucky), but most probably u will stay in STAFF HOUSE. and live anything that cost more 20$ at home, cuz it will be stollen 100%.
NOT ALLOWED go to the beach or pool. forget about the sea, u will watch it just from the window.
this is THE 100% rules for All hotels in Sharm,
feeling as a slave - ur lockal management will provide to u.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:43 pm 

Yaaa, poor Anna, that's all I can say!!!
I hope anyone who reads it devides all the above by two and doesn't take it as a standard, as it is not true for all, this I say as a person with few years experience in hotels here, and with numerous GR friends, though so called "Rus GR", but who happend to stay in nice guest rooms, and eat in main restaurant, with basic salary much higher then 300USD, and using the beach and the pool in the hotel, not mentioning days off when u can go anywhere if you actually know your way around, and in a team with rather adequate management who never considered me rubbish and stood up for me many times in front of guests....
And speaking of work permit - there is a number of hotels that not only DO it, but insist on making it: such as Intercontinental, Savoy, Sierra, Novotel, Soitel, Ritz, Iberotel, Grand Azur, etc, etc, these are just few...

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:43 pm 

What a bad luck Anna!!!

Not all the places like this! I had been working in the hotel for more than three years and was promoted three times since I started as GR. Till now I believe that GR position gives a good chance to explore hotel operations and find ones place.

I do believe sending the CV to the official hotel's e-mails could be good idea to find a attractive place to land.

Good luck

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:07 pm 

Salam 3alukom all!!! :)

Well done Justitia! Thanx for ur positive reply! :D
Wishing u good luck too...
I'll be in Sharm soon and beleive that everything will be ok=)

SWC the best!

Salam :D