It is currently Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:28 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Sharm Animal Lovers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:44 am 

Hi all, we have been living in Sharm since 8 years now, we are always trying to do our ‎best to help animals, used to live in Hadaba then hey Elnour and finally in rowysat ‎

In roywisat I found out that there are lots of street cats and dogs with the minimal respect ‎treatment from humans.‎ :(

Therefore, we have started a group on facebook Called Sharm Animal Lovers, :idea: we have a ‎big plan we wish to make Sharm the first city in Egypt that doesn't have street animals , ‎educate future generation how to respect animals, remind Egyptians that a huge part of ‎their religion is mercy to all living creatures ‎

Your support will be vital for this big task, wish to hear you suggestions and feedback ‎

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 0114482200‎

Thanks in advance ‎
Anja & Ahmed Elhalwagy ‎

Post subject: Re: Sharm Animal Lovers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 pm 
VIP

Great idea... already joined your group. Hope you manage to built awareness.
Wish you lots of luck...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:44 pm 

I just have to say what a great idea!!! :D

Ive been living here almost a year now but visiting for 5yrs and its surprising from witnessing and discussing the subject, how little most Egyptian (APOLOGIES if that offends anyone but thats my personal opinion) respect or care for animals...

Im going to inform absolutely everyone i know about the group, im not on facebook otherwise i'd join myself!

I always think some sort of charity or shelter is needed here somewhere in Sharm, Unfortunately they normally rely on donations and i just dont believe that it would have enough money to run.
But somewhere to neuter and spay strays for free is most definately needed to stop the populations of street animals increasing as they just seem to... That would certainly be the best start!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:10 am 

Thank you very much Chris and Laura for your support, I just believe we have ‎choices wither we do good or bad both will return to us personally I think humans can ‎change their life while animals doesn't and here comes our job to give them a good ‎life.‎

As sad as it sounds I can see that most Egyptians doesn't seam to understand that ‎animals have the same feelings like us they cry, scream, feels sad, feels lonely, scared, ‎happy, even jealous

I think it comes from parents, for example, my mom used to tell me you must go to ‎bed other wise I will call the black street dog to eat you 
I never went to bed and I was telling her cool call the dog, she start to use another ‎method she used to scare me from sheep's and guess what it worked 

Therefore, we have to start from home, school, church and mosque to change that ‎attitude as it is written clearly in the bible Quraan how we must respect all lives.‎

It is just a start I am willing to stand in front of Satan himself in order to translate ‎animal's problems, and take their rights.‎

And I know that there are so many people who will do the same. ‎