[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
www.sharmwomen.com • View topic - bring my pets from uk to egypt
It is currently Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:29 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: bring my pets from uk to egypt
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:37 pm 

If anyone can tell me the process I need to go throught to bringing my 2 cats to live with me in Egypt I would be very greatful. I need information on which airlines will allow this and the steps I need to take prior to travelling.

Post subject: Re: bring my pets from uk to egypt
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:57 pm 
VIP

I am not really sure about these procedures, but be aware that it will be very difficult to bring them back to the UK, if needed. Especially the UK has very strict rules.

Hope someone can give you answers on procedures to get them into Egypt, but I suppose that is rather easy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:25 pm 

I initially started the process myself for my pets but thankfully then used Airpets. If you mess up a step, your poor pet can suffer.

I used them years ago and have had many friends relocating to Egypt who have used them fairly recently.

Only thing to bear in mind at this end when they arrive..use an agent otherwise it will take hours ..Quick Cargo are great.

Just remember that going back to UK with your pet is a no go unless you wish to put he or she through the jail sentence of 6 months quar and not forgetting the cost.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:36 pm 

Please think carefully before you decide to bring your beloved animals out. I was going to bring my goldie out 2 years ago but I'm so glad I didn't now. I do miss him so much but he lives with my relatives and is well looked after and I get to see him whenever I speak to them on web cam.

I had all his jabs done and he was ready to come out but I just thought I'd check the place out (animal wise first). I was and still am horrified about the mis treatment of animals in Egypt and the fact that poison is put down without any warning is disgusting, not just because pets are poisioned but also a child could pick something up from the floor and another casualty.

As much as I miss my dog I am so glad that I didn't bring him, I would be worried sick that he would pick something up and die, he's better of in the UK, even without me.

I realise you have cats and obviously you love them very much or you wouldn't go to the expense of taking them, but you will have to keep them in doors for fear of not only poisioning but also theft. There have been instances where dogs have been stolen and a reward asked for them.

To make up for the fact that I had to leave my dog behind I do train dogs in Sharm and also rehome the many stray kittens/cats/puppies/dogs that seem to come to my door :roll:

Sorry to sound gloomy but I am an animal lover and the treatment here in Egypt towards animals is horrific and it's the one thing that I dislike about the country. There is support for rescued animals in Cairo, many rescue centres for cats and dogs and they do a great job, s.p.a.r.e. being one of them.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:22 pm 

Hi,
It is possible to bring your pets to Egypt. I also brougt my cats to Sharm el sheikh. You have to go through papierwork in UK. And you will pay for every stamp :roll: It took us nearly 2 months to finish evetything but at least we braught them to Egypt.
You can also call the veterinary office in UK, they will give you informations about it.The rules for Pets are in all EU the same.

here the steps we had to do:

1. First of all, visit the Veterinarian. Your pets must have a international passport for pets. They must bekame a Vaccination against Rabies. Be carefull, after the Vaccination you should wait 30 days. After 30 days it is possible to get a result about Rabies.

2. After 30 days you will get a certificate from labarotory, this should be signed from the veterinarian and than Medical Officer. Ask him for a International Form in several languages, otherweis you must translate it. Pls ask Ministry of healt for details.

3. After Medical officer for pets, teh certificate must be signed and stampt by ministery of health than by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and at least by embassy of egypt.

Please remember that you have time starting from step 2 until you leave UK 10 days to prepare everything. The certificate with all stamps and signs schuld NOT be older than 10 days!!!

-If you want to bring your pets back to UK, they must have a Chip with a registrationnumber. This will be done by petsdoctor and you will get a certificate for this chip, which includes the chip number.Do this in UK.

-Before you bring your pets to UK back, you schuld test their Blood for Rabies. Please ask pets-doctor about Rabies and Bloodtest.

I hope it helps
good luck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:46 pm 

Hello,
Nearly each Airline allows to carry pets with you even in the cabin. But each airline has different rules. I think, it is better to ask the airline which you want to take about it or have a look at their website.
I get the information that, you are allwed to have just one cat per person in the cabin. The cat must be in a basket and every airline has own sizes for this basket or a bag. And the cat and the bag together should have max. 8 kg.
Bevor booking your flight, you have to register your cat by airline. You will get a confirmation to have it with you at the cabin and you have to pay also for it. I can not remember how much we paid, it was nearly 100 Euro for two cats.

good luck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:45 pm 

hi i am bringing my 2 cats to egypt on 19th april traveling from heathrow to ciaro with egypt air and then to sharm but do not know how to get them from ciaro to sharm can anyone help with any detailed contacts i will be landing about 21 00hrs so far things have gone quite smoothley but i have had to do a lot of phone calls and will now travel to milton keynes and then london for the paper work to be signed if any one would like hell i'll be only to glad to help ANNI

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:42 pm 

If you decide to bring your pet back to the UK. IT WILL HAVE TO GO INTO QUARANTINE FOR 6 MONTHS. Even if it has a rabies jab and everything else is is in order, there is no legal way of getting out of it. Defra is the best site and always up to date.

You can hire a private car from Cairo to Sharm, just put an ad on the pin board, don't have any numbers sorry. About 7-8 hours travelling.

Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:08 pm 

thank you sahara I am moving to sharm to live and not returning to uk so i do understand what you say i have been in constant touch with defra and know them quite well over the last 6 months but thank you for your concern... do not know what borad you mean but i dont have much time tonight as going out now i'll have a look tomorrow i think i'll need some luck ah!! i'll let you all know how i get on.... take care now Anni

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:22 pm 

Anni

I've pm'd you.