[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
www.sharmwomen.com • View topic - Tourist visa valid only for 3 month???
It is currently Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:48 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Tourist visa valid only for 3 month???
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:28 pm 
VIP

Did anybody here about these changes?

I went to renew my tourist visa at Mogamma in Cairo today to be told that the law has now changed and the maximum extension permitted on a Tourist Visa now is only 3 months. After that time you either have to come back with an application for residency based on work, studying, marriage, or a child studying here. If you can't do that you will have to leave Egypt at the end of the 3 monthst!!

Post subject: New visa rules
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:27 pm 

These new rules seems to be really true.
Here the official information from website of Egyptian Ministery of foreign affairs:
http://www.mfa.gov.eg/MFA_Portal/en-GB/ ... gulations/

There is exactly written, that's now only a 3 month visa available anymore.

Post subject: 1 year visa
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:41 pm 

A friend of me was yesterday in El Tor to renew her 1 year visa. She got a new 1 year visa without any problems or any other extra effort. So the one year visa is still available as before.

Post subject: Re: Tourist visa valid only for 3 month???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 am 

sharmenssun: your friend had one year visa before or tourist for 3 months?
And actually could you advice how much money should I prepare for that trip and document fees?

Soon my 3 month will finished(one week from now) and I dint know if should I go to El Tur or just go for trip by boat to Jordan :) and come back...

I'm not sure about trip to Jordan, because I don't know if they have same rules as for plane...on the airport u can pay 135 le for longer staying and no problem, but is it the same when you are leaving Egypt by boat?

My own business here went down, so I'm searching for a work(some companies provide visas and working permissions), but I can not be sure if I will work for company(hotel) or not, till this time I must do something with visa to stay here longer.

Do you have any advice?
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:03 am 
VIP

Hi ...

The visa in El Tur for 1 year costs something about 100 LE (not sure about exact price anymore). The re-entry for half year is 65 LE.

Be careful with companies offering work permits if you are not working with them.
The work permit has to be done by the employer. Work permits done without any company in the back are often fake and can cause problems.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 am 

companies are anyhow very carefully with issuing work permitts, even you'll work for them. The work permitt is very expensive and therefore many companies trying to avoid issuing one. There are anyhow new rules as well for work permitts, as I heard from our HR, you'll get one only, if you continue with the same company and they renew it for you or with a 5 years Resident Visa. Diving Centers, Beauty Centers and this kind of employers are anyhow not issuing work permitts. Length of tourist visas are as well depending on your nationality. East Europeans are from shorter periods, West Europeans are issued without any problem for 1 year.

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope.In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort.In a world filled with despair,we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm 

Hi,

Does anyone have the address of the place for where we can renew our visa's in El Tur?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:45 am 

There is no published address anywhere on the official government sites but if you drive injto El TOur and ask for the Visa and Passport office they would be able to help - taxi would usually know of the office as well, if you stuck then just ask the policemen on the entry the El Tour City, the Passport Office is virtually 5 minutes away from the City Gates

Here is the link to the Internal Affairs MInistry with their contact numbers for the Passport Office

http://www.moiegypt.gov.eg/English/general/contactus

http://www.expatforum.com/articles/visa ... ation.html

and all the recent Visa update information from The Egypt Ministry of Foreign Affairs

http://www.mfa.gov.eg/MFA_Portal/en-GB/ ... gulations/

Ministry Contact Numbers & email

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Tel:

25796334 - 25746872 - 25746871 - 25796338 - 25796342

E-mail:

General Inquiries: Info@mfa.gov.eg

Citizens' Complaint Unit: Contact.Us@mfa.gov.eg

Foreigners and Legalization Affairs: foreign.legalization@mfa.gov.eg