It is currently Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:22 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: family moving to sharm
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 am 

Hi all,

im glad to finally write on this forum!
my name is Omar, i am an italian citizen of egyptian origins, now living and working in Moscow.
I have been living in Sharm for one year and I had probably the greatest time of my life.
Since i ve been back to "normal life" there is not a day when i dont think about sharm, miss the sea, the sky, the energy.

I realized that i cant go on like this - and i wanna come back!

I speak a few languages - still have contacts there - and have a business in italy that grants me a monthly income - so work is not my main issue

when I was living in Sharm i was ALONE and i was staying in the hotel i was working in.
now i do have a family, and if i move, i will of course bring with me my wife and my daughter; but i dont know how it will be for THEM living in sharm.
Is it dangerous for women? and what about kids?
my daughter is 10 months old - so for the near future my wife will not work. Is there any place (beach) where they can hang out safely in day time - maybe by paying a monthly access fee?
what about making friends with other families? are there many families livin permanently in sharm?

thanks everyone in advance for your comments and tips!

Post subject: Re: family moving to sharm
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:14 pm 

My comment : DON'T DO IT!!! PLEASE !!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:59 pm 

why barbi?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:18 am 
VIP

Come on , barbi - things are not soo bad ! Especially if he is Egyptian he has many advantages - there are many foregner/foregner that live here and are happy so why not ? Yes , there are many problems - anyone can read my bad comments - but things are pretty bad all over the world right now - and important things like jobs opportunities, safety etc .Plus we are developing in Sharm and many things will change (isa).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 pm 

I think it's generally a safe place, especially in Sharm since it's highly secured. There are beaches your wife and baby can spend the day at with no problems. Now it's pretty quiet here with all that has gone on with the revolution, so it's quite nice. I think you won't have too many problems if you decide you want to live here.